Have you been searching high and low for the best standing desk chairs? We’ve taken the time to compile a list of the 12 best standing desk chairs for you to consider. Over the years, more standing desk chairs and stools have emerged onto the market, giving office workers the freedom and flexibility to choose what works best for them. As workdays continue to get longer, it’s important for office workers to be thinking about their posture.
Initially, standing desk chairs take some getting used to. When compared to a standard office chair, standing desk chairs offer a very different experience. With a standing desk stool, you will be holding a good portion of your weight. This will be felt in your legs, shins, and feet. Ultimately, the muscle groups you end up using will depend on the design of the seat.
What is the best chair for a standing desk?
If you’re looking for the best standing desk solution, we would highly recommend considering CorePerch’s standing desk stool. With an easy-to-use pneumatic gas lift, the backless design helps to encourage improved posture while strengthening your core muscles. The exceptional reviews on Amazon clearly position this stool as the best solution for workers behind desks.
Should you use a footrest with standing desk chairs?
A footrest can prove to be a great tool for making the experience of using a standing desk stool more comfortable. This could help you to use the chair for longer periods of time. If you have to place your feet flat on the floor, this is going to result in a lot of pressure on the bottoms of your feet and your shins. While sitting, a footrest prevents you from using smaller muscle groups.
How long should I sit on a standing desk chair or stool?
If you typically sit at your desk for longer than 5 hours in a workday, you should consider alternating between a regular chair and a standing desk chair. The amount of energy and muscle usage needed to sit on standing desk chairs can be tiring over extended periods of time. To get the most out of these chairs, you should use them alongside standard office chairs.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases on this page at no additional cost to you.
HYLONE Tall Nylon Office Chair For Standing Desk
The reviews for this HYLONE standing desk chair simply couldn’t be more positive. They’re glowing! This desk chair is built for comfort with high-end craftsmanship. The breathable mesh enables air to circulate, providing cool comfort for long periods of time. If you’re likely to be sat on a chair for several hours, this is the ideal solution for you. The design is simply perfect.
- 26.5 x 26.5 x 47.8 inches
- 38.5 pounds
- The flip-up arms enable your body to be closer to the desk, supporting good posture.
- The gas lift and tilt mechanism mean the chair is fully adjustable to support your needs.
- The chair comes with a height-adjustable footrest designed for maximum comfort.
- The built-in lumbar support has been crafted to fit the curvature of your body.
Safco Products Extended-Height Chair
This extended-height chair from Safco Products is ideal for office workers looking for cool mesh comfort. After a long working day, there’s nothing worse than sitting in a hot and sticky chair. The breathable mesh back can enable you to stay comfortable and cool throughout the day. There’s also a pneumatic lever under the seat allowing you to easily adjust the chair height.
- 25 x 25 x 49.5 inches
- 30 pounds
- The ergonomic design can help to remove pressure points in your legs while seated.
- The height-adjustable footrest ring can be adjusted to meet your specific needs.
- The swivel wheels move about freely on the carpet without any real friction.
- The chair is reasonably resistant to scratching and chipping due to the black coat finish.
CorePerch Ergonomic Standing Desk Stool
The CorePerch standing desk stool from CoreChair is ergonomically designed for optimal comfort and support. With luxurious sitting comfort on a sculpted seat cushion, you will be able to focus on the task at hand. The standing desk stool aims to help you achieve an optimized sitting posture as you work at the desk for long periods of time.
- 74 x 38 x 57 cm
- 250 pounds
- The standing desk stool comes in a striking cherry red, adding some style to the stool.
- The adjustable height mechanism gives you the freedom to try different positions.
- The sculpted seat cushion will help to prevent you from getting cramps over time.
- The design of the office chair gives you the flexibility to either perch or sit.
MOOJIRS Ergonomic Drafting Chair
The MOOJIRS ergonomic drafting chair is an ideal addition to your existing office setup. You can choose to alternate between a standard desk chair and this drafting chair. The style of this chair is well-suited to an office environment. The mesh has been designed to help keep you focused and concentrated on tasks for extended periods of time.
- 30.2 x 25.5 x 19.9 inches
- 46.2 pounds
- The all-aluminum alloy base provides you with a sturdy foundation for swiveling around.
- The drafting chair generally offers good mobility and stability as you rotate and pivot.
- A cushioned backrest design has been implemented to encourage good sitting positions.
- The ergonomic design was created around the natural curvature of the human body.
Modway Charge Drafting Chair
The Modway Charge drafting chair has a padded waterfall mesh that serves to keep your posture perfect. With the unique design of this mesh and the lower back lumbar support, you may be able to sit on the chair for hours on end – without experiencing any backache and pain. The Charge model also has flip-up arms giving you flexibility in your posture.
- 26.5 x 27.5 x 44 inches
- 39 pounds
- This chair is the perfect standing desk companion to compliment your existing chair.
- The tension control knob enables you to adjust the chair around your posture.
- The drafting stool is able to confidently support up to 264 pounds.
- The breathable mesh in the back of the chair can help to keep the chair cool.
Flash Furniture Mesh Ergonomic Drafting Chair
The Flash Furniture drafting chair provides tremendous breathability with its mesh design. The seat is complete with a height-adjustable foot ring to reduce the amount of pressure on your feet. Flash Furniture’s design is made with a combination of plywood, plastic, mesh, metal, and foam. The chair can be enjoyed with or without arms because of the flip-up structure.
- 27 x 27 x 42-49.5 inches
- 34 pounds
- The tilt lever can be pushed in to lock the chair in an upright position, supporting posture.
- The waterfall edge reduces the pressure on your back and makes the seat comfortable.
- The flip-up arm design means the chair can be used with or without arms.
- The height-adjustable foot ring perfectly complements the comfort of the foam back.
Modway Thrive Drafting Chair
The Modway Thrive drafting chair comes in a warm orange color, adding some style to your office. The Thrive model provides exceptional lumbar support, enabling you to keep good posture while feeling comfortable. The slick design can easily match other items of furniture in your office and prove to be a fantastic addition to your existing office furniture.
- 24.5 x 25 x 43 inches
- 26 pounds
- The mesh backrest provides breathable comfort with the padded waterfall edge.
- The Thrive model is ideal for use a studio chair in a creative working environment.
- The bold color can work well against a standing desk and a standard chair in the office.
- The long gas cylinder offers a hydraulic lift for easy adjustment of the seat.
SUPERJARE Standing Desk Chair
The SUPERJARE standing desk chair comes with a stable base that enables you to pivot and rotate with ease. There’s nothing better than being able to swivel around on a sturdy chair that can comfortably support your weight. The stainless-steel mechanism generally increases the stability of the standing desk chair and gives you the ability to tilt without any consequences.
- 24 x 24 x 44 inches
- 21.6 pounds
- The comfortable experience is achieved through exceptional seat cushioning.
- The footrest can be easily adjusted for optimal levels of comfort.
- The stable base allows you the freedom to move about without tipping over.
- The contemporary chair style makes this suitable for many different environments.
MAISON ARTS Office Desk Chair
The MAISON ARTS office desk chair is an affordable solution for those with standing desks. As you begin to roll around on the wheels, you will notice that the chair comes entirely noise-free. This is ideal for those working in a hyper-focused environment that need to feel comfortable on the chair they’re sat on. Upon delivery, the chair arrives in a high-strength, damage resistant box.
- 21.5 x 20 x 9.7 inches
- 21.1 pounds
- The chair is padded with a high-density soft sponge material for optimal support.
- The chrome footrest can also provide support by alleviating pressure on your feet.
- The slim chair design provides you with the freedom to easily maneuver around.
- The chair is remarkably easy to assemble with a clear instruction manual provided.
Grace & Grace Rolling Standing Desk Chair
The Grace & Grace rolling drafting chair comes with a leather furniture finish that makes it stand out from other chairs included on this list. The soft PVC leather coats the cushioning sponge material underneath. This means you get a balance of both style and comfort with this design. The drafting chair is also smooth rolling and can swivel around without a sound.
- 24 x 23.1 x 12.2 inches
- 25.4 pounds
- The seat can be easily adjusted to meet your height requirements.
- The foam base can support your back and spine during long working hours.
- The chair can easily roll around the floor without scratching the surface.
- The backrest can provide you with the necessary support to focus on your work.
ARTETHYS Ergonomic Mesh Office Drafting Chair
The ARTETHYS ergonomic mesh chair is completely height adjustable – with a hydraulic seat adjustment mechanism. The padded mesh seat can help you to maintain your posture and stay cool with the use of breathable material. When the work surface is above the standard height, this drafting chair would be a fantastic addition to the office.
- 25 x 20.6 x 12.9 inches
- 35.2 pounds
- The breathable mesh material allows air to circulate through the chair, keeping you cool.
- The chair can be freely rolled across the floor with dual-wheel casters.
- The adjustable armrest gives you the ability to correct and alter your posture.
- The swivel chair allows you to rotate and easily move between areas of the office.
Boss Office Products Ergonomic Standing Desk Chair
This standing desk chair from Boss Office Products comes with a large nylon base for good stability. As you pivot around the office, you will be able to firmly keep your balance. When it comes to height adjustment, this chair offers tremendous flexibility with a pneumatic gas lift.
- 25 x 25 x 44.5 inches
- 28 pounds
- The hooded double wheel casters allow for easy movement around the office.
- The back and seat have been ergonomically designed to prevent muscle pain.
- The chrome foot ring helps you to take the pressure off certain muscle groups.
- The user is given the freedom to add optional glides in place of casters.
We hope you’ve found this guide helpful! With all the possible choices out there, it can be quite difficult to decide on just one product – but we’re sure that at least one of our options will be a great fit for your office.