What is expected of DropDesk Hosts?
Please ensure that your venue hours of operation have a consistent schedule. Members want to work from places they can readily rely on.
- Be open at least 2 days a week. It will allow members to get into the habit of working from your location
- Avoid closing earlier than 5 pm, no one likes to get kicked out halfway through the workday.
Accurate & Professional DropDesk Listing
No one likes a catfish. Please be honest in your DropDesk profile. Set the right expectations so workers understand if your location fits their needs.
- Provide members with detailed instructions regarding your address and access to your venue through your host dashboard.
- Ensure pictures of your venue are properly staged with great lighting and are up to date and representative of its current condition. If needed, hiring a professional photographer goes a long way.
- Write a detailed description of the space and surrounding amenities
- Be clear about your Host Policies and set clear rules around what you do and don’t allow
Please ensure that your space has the below essential amenities and that all the amenities listed in your profile are present and available at the location.
- High-speed WiFi
- Power outlets (an extension is strongly recommended)
- Tables, chairs, and comfortable areas to work from
- Restroom (with toilet paper)
Communication is Key
Things happen. Let members know you are available to help. Make sure your contact number is up-to-date in your profile.
- Provide a note to members on how to contact you if you are not in the space.
- If you listing changes be sure to communicate this to members in advance.
Members will expect the spaces they access to be clean and tidy, and resemble the pictures on your DropDesk profile. Make sure you give yourself enough time to clean before members arrive.
- Clean every room members can access, especially restrooms, and other common areas such as the kitchen.
- Check that there’s no hair, dust, debris, or mold on surfaces and floors.
- Ensure trash is taken out and does not smell.
- Frequently inspect areas to ensure everything is in order.
- Leave some cleaning supplies and instructions in your space so members can clean after themselves.
If you consistently receive low cleanliness ratings or don’t follow DropDesk policies, you may be subject to penalties.
Please make sure you actively review your email and DropDesk dashboard to receive member booking notifications.
- Write clear instructions for amenities (coffee, wifi,…) through your host dashboard – when members book your space they will see the instructions allowing for a smooth check-in.
- If you greet members in person, be sure to show them around the different spaces they can access, where to work, and how to use the amenities to ensure they are comfortable.
- Ensure extensions for power outlets are available and provide clear instructions on how to get water or coffee and where the restroom is.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines Check-List for Hosts
To ensure the safety of our hosts and guests, we’re asking each host to commit to our new safety guidelines.
1) Reduce capacity to ensure proper physical distancing (one seat per member 6-feet away from each other).
2) Make hand sanitizers and sanitizing wipes available to members. Sanitize common areas and frequently touched surfaces prior to each booking.
3) Request members to sanitize their work area with wipes when leaving
4) Reinforce safety protocols with strategically-placed signage
5) Keep the space ventilated during bookings
6) Promote outdoor and fully private work areas (where possible)
7) Request members to wear face masks at all times (possibly allowing them to remove them when seated at their work station, 6 feet away from anyone else).
8) Check the temperature of members entering your space.
9) Ask members to cancel bookings if they are not feeling well.
10) Keep a contact tracing log.
11) Thoroughly clean the space 2x per day (morning before opening and night at closing).
Space Operator FAQs
What can I list?
You are free to promote or list any package on the DropDesk marketplace. Inventory examples range from day passes, meeting spaces, office space, or even memberships.
How does DropDesk promote my space?
Venues are responsible for listing and making sure the inventory they would like to promote is readily available and up-to-date on the DropDesk marketplace. DropDesk users can book these public packages or enroll in a membership, which grants their teams access to what’s negotiated at select venues.
How do I know if I receive a booking?
Amenities will vary from one space to another, so we recommend that you check the what the space offers on our locations page.
Most spaces include coffee, water, teas, snacks, and high-speed wifi. Other coworking spaces may offer printing, outdoor space, bike storage, kitchen, fridge, microwave, whiteboards, phone booths, roof decks, standing desks, pet friendly, and more.
Certain amenities may be reserved exclusively for full-time members or higher package tiers.
Feel free to reach out to us when in doubt.
How and when do I get paid?
DropDesk pays hosts at a rate of $3/hr (up to $24/day per user) for hot desks (open coworking space). Alternatively, packages listed on the marketplace can be listed at your venue’s standard rates with up to thirty (30%) percent commission depending on the type of space listed on our marketplace. There may be optional situations where we seek a custom deal if a company is looking to take a majority of your space. Payment is released (once minimum of $100 for venues outside the U.S) a monthly net-15 basis via ACH and U.S locations are required to fill out a W9.
DropDesk mediation and disputes
In the event of an issue with a customer or payment dispute, DropDesk will review and mediate the situation by either charging, refunding, or crediting either party.
Refunds are issued no questions asked if:
A customer cancels 24 hours before the booking start time or if a DropDesk Pass membership, 30 days prior to the next billing cycle.
What is the best way to reach support?
You can reach us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call our support number: +1-917-310-4662.