If there’s one way to make your typing experience more unique, it’s with a typewriter keyboard. Like the name suggests, these retro keyboards give you the best of both worlds – they’re designed to look and feel like a vintage typewriter, but they’ll still give you all the features that come with a modern keyboard.
But with no shortage of options to pick from, choosing the right typewriter keyboard for you can be tricky – which is why we’ve compiled a list of the best typewriter keyboards currently on the market.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases on this page at no additional cost to you.
Qwerkywriter S Typewriter Mechanical Keyboard
With an all-metal construction, the Qwerkywriter S Typewriter Mechanical Keyboard completely captures the look of a retro keyboard. Along with having a dual scroll knob to use when you’re trying to adjust volume or scroll through the page online, it even turns the top of the typewriter keyboard into an integrated tablet stand.
The keyboard itself is actually wireless and supports USB connectivity, so it should be easy to pair up with a tablet, an iPad, or whatever you’re using.
- All-metal construction makes this typewriter keyboard more durable than most
- Includes wireless and USB connectivity
- Long-lasting battery
- Bluetooth connectivity allows you to hook the keyboard up to three different devices at a time
UBOTIE Colorful Typewriter Keyboard
If you’re looking for a typewriter keyboard that’s going to draw attention in the office, the UBOTIE Colorful Typewriter Keyboard may be what you’re looking for. The stylish design of the keyboard is designed to prevent fading, and it uses a retro vintage design for the keycaps.
The keycaps are even removable, so if they get dirty, they’re easy to remove and then replace when they’re ready for use again. Keep in mind that this keyboard doesn’t come with Bluetooth capabilities, so you may not be able to use it with phones or iPads, but it should work fine for your computer.
- Keycaps are removable and easy to wipe down
- The keyboard supports Windows 7, 8, 10, and Mac systems
- The keyboard has a mirror plane so every key has a reflection on the pad
- Excellent customer service with response times estimated around 12 hours
E-YOOSO K600 Retro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Looking for a typewriter keyboard that doubles as an after-hours gaming keyboard? The E-YOOSO K600 Retro Mechanical Gaming Keyboard packs all the features you’d expect of a gaming keyboard, but it still has the aesthetic of a typewriter.
Along with a clear LED backlight on the keyboard, it also has an extremely fast response time. Since each key has its own independent switch, you shouldn’t face any delays in response time while you work or play.
- You can adjust the brightness, pattern, or speed of the LED light
- Each key has its own switch so if you hit multiple keys at once, you’ll still get an accurate response
- Includes a floating key design
- Compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, Windows VISTA, Windows XP, and Mac OS X
RYMEK Typewriter Mechanical Keyboard
If the retro keyboard look is one of the major reasons you’re drawn to typewriter keyboards, you’ll probably love the RYMEK Typewriter Mechanical Keyboard. The saddle-shape keycaps are reminiscent of real typewriters, and since it’s a mechanical keyboard, you’ll get that tactile feedback every time you press a button.
- There’s a backlight effect for the keys
- The manual scroll knob can adjust volume or scroll through pages for you
- The keyboard is wireless and has Bluetooth capabilities so you can use it with a phone or tablet
- Supports USB connection and is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android systems
RK ROYAL KLUDGE Typewriter Style Keyboard
Another typewriter keyboard that doubles as a gaming keyboard, the RK Royal Kludge Typewriter Style Keyboard won’t disappoint. All the 108 keys are anti-ghosting and feature N-key rollover, so you shouldn’t have any problems with accuracy or response time if you’re pressing multiple keys at once.
While you game, there’s even a collapsible wrist rest to prevent putting unnecessary pressure on your wrists while you type or game.
- Keyboard uses a round, retro-style design for the keycaps
- There are 168 different backlight modes to pick from
- Includes a 7-color sidelight
- Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, and Linux systems
Basaltech Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
With a soft pastel color scheme, the Basaltech Mechanical Gaming Keyboard also features a white backlight on the keys. If you’d like to switch between lighting effects for the backlight, the Basaltech makes it easy – there’s a rotary knob on the pad that allows you to switch between brightness and thirty different lighting effects.
- The round keycaps are shaped like traditional typewriter keys are
- The blue switch keys offer moderate resistance for gaming or typing
- Rotary knob allows you to control lighting and brightness
- Includes a mouse with its own lighting effects that you can adjust
TISHLED Typewriter Style Mechanical Keyboard
With mechanical blue switch keys, the TISHLED Typewriter Style Mechanical Keyboard is a great option for heavy keyboard users – the round-style keys look retro, and they’re designed to provide just enough resistance and audible feedback.
The entire keyboard panel is made with aluminum alloy, so it’s built to last and stand up to frequent use.
- Includes a detachable wrist rest to prevent putting too much pressure on your wrist
- Non-conflict keys make it easy to press multiple keys at once when you game or type
- Several backlight modes and you can create your own customized backlight effect
- Compatible with Linux, Windows, and Mac OS systems
Grenf Wireless Bluetooth Typewriter Keyboard
While many typewriter keyboards stand out, not all of them stand out as much as the vibrant Grenf Wireless Bluetooth Typewriter Keyboard. The round keycaps use the same design that traditional typewriters did, but if you need to clean or replace them, the keycaps are removable.
When it’s not in use, the keyboard has an automatic power-saving mode to preserve battery life, but it wakes up within seconds if you press any key.
- Includes Bluetooth capabilities so it’s compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android systems
- Comes with 12 multimedia function key combinations
- Automatically turns on power-saving mode when you’re not using it
- Keycaps are easy to remove or clean if you need to
LETTON Wireless Typewriter Keyboard
If you want the feel of a typewriter keyboard but you don’t like the vibrant color schemes, the LETTON Wireless Typewriter Keyboard could be a great option. Unlike many typewriter keyboards, the LETTON keyboard also includes a wireless mouse that you can use with the keyboard.
- Includes a wireless mouse
- There’s a low battery indicator that turns on once the battery gets low
- The battery is also rechargeable, and offers up to 90 hours of working time before you need to recharge it
- There’s a storage compartment for the mouse so that you won’t lose it while you’re on the go
SADES V2020 Wireless Typewriter Keyboard
As the perfect balance between retro and modern, the SADES Wireless Typewriter includes a mini optical mouse that you can wirelessly connect to your keyboard. The design of the keyboard also helps extend the lifespan of the battery too – both the mouse and the keyboard itself transition into power-saving mode when they’re not in use, so you don’t need to worry about wasting battery when you step away from the computer.
While the SADES keyboard is compatible with Windows and Mac OS systems, keep in mind that not all the hotkey functions may work with every Windows or Mac system that you connect it to.
- There’s an automatic power-saving mode to preserve the battery
- It’s compatible with several operating systems, including Windows and Mac OS
- There are 13 different hotkey functions to use for multimedia, emails, or even music
- The wireless connection works up to 28 feet away from your PC
Whether you’re looking for a keyboard for work or play, if you prefer to have tactile feedback from retro mechanical keyboards, typewriter keyboards can be a great solution. Regardless of what features (or colors) you may want from your keyboard, there’s an option on this list for everyone.