When the temperature in your office is hot, it’s pretty hard for your mind to stay cool. Having a powerful cooling system in the office is important if you want to get work done. There’s just one problem: you don’t have a window for putting an AC unit in.
If you’re looking for the best portable air conditioners without a hose, we have some good news and some bad news for you. We’ll start with the bad news: there is no such thing as a ventless air conditioner.
The good news is, there are portable cooling systems that work perfectly without a window. While they’re not air conditioners, these ventless coolers can effectively cool your office and make the temperature tolerable for you and your coworkers.
These cooling systems are called evaporative coolers (sometimes known as swamp coolers). To help you beat the heat, we created this list of the 12 best portable AC-like coolers without a hose.
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases on this page at no additional cost to you.
Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Cooler
The Hessaire MC37M Portable Evaporative Cooler is the number 1 best portable air conditioner-like cooling system that doesn’t need a window. Even though it’s a little heavy, this evaporative cooler is definitely portable due to its 4 heavy-duty locking casters.
It’s the top-rated evaporative cooler for a reason: this thing can really cool a room down. The Hessaire MC37M has a cooling power of 3,100 CFM (cubic feet per minute), which you’ll notice is over 10 times the CFM of some of the other coolers on this list.
The MC37M can cool an office up to 950 square feet in size, which is pretty impressive. It has a 10-gallon water tank that can give you up to 4 hours of cooling before needing to be refilled. The 3 fan speeds, as well as its air swing delivery system evenly distributes the cool air through your office.
- The fan propeller design blasts cool air at a powerful 3,100 CFM
- Surprisingly quiet, considering its cooling power
- Can easily cool an office space of up to 950 square feet
- Its size and castors allow you to move it around where you need it to go
Weight: 40 lbs
Trusttech 3-in-1 Evaporative Cooler
The most awesome feature of the Trustech 3-in-1 Evaporative Cooler is the fact that it’s bladeless. That means it’s a perfect choice if you work from home with children or pets around because it eliminates the danger of fan blades.
This ventless air conditioner-like cooler is very lightweight and highly portable, so you can move it around the office whenever you need to. The Trustech 3-in-1 Evaporative Cooler won’t distract you from your work because its bladeless operation means it’s extremely quiet.
It has an easy-to-understand control panel and comes with a remote, so you can control it from anywhere in the office. The 8-hour timer allows you to preset when you want this cooler to be on, which can save you up to 30% on your office electricity bill.
- Also functions as a humidifier and fan
- You have the option of adding ice cubes to the large capacity tank for a more powerful cooling effect
- Operates very quietly so you won’t get distracted from your work
- Attractive minimalist design also allows for easier cleaning
Dimensions: 12.2” x 10.63” x 30.71”
Weight: 15.22 lbs
Hessaire MC18M Portable Evaporative Cooler
This is the second portable air conditioner-like cooler on our list that’s made by Hessaire, which is no surprise because of their reputation for making excellent quality evaporative coolers. This Hessaire MC18M is much lighter than the MC37M above, and it has a lower price.
The Hessaire MC18M has powerful airflow for its size: 1,300 CFM. That’s more than double the CFM of many other evaporative coolers on this list. You can easily cool an office up to 500 square in size with this highly effective ventless cooler.
The 4.8-gallon internal water tank can hold enough water for 3 to 4 hours of continuous cooling, and it has a handy water level indicator so you can see how much to fill it. For such a powerful evaporative cooler, its noise level is relatively quiet.
- Lightweight with an easy-to-lift handle so it’s highly portable
- Adjustable louvers can be moved individually so you can direct the airflow
- Easily cools down an office space up to 500 square feet in size
- Simple to understand control panel with 4 settings
Dimensions: 28” x 22” x 12”
Weight: 16 lbs
Breezewell 43 Inch 2-in-1 Evaporative Cooler
The tower shape of this super slim and attractive Breezewell 2-in-1 Evaporative Cooler means it doesn’t take up too much floor space in your office. What’s more, the large round base of the cooler makes it very stable so it won’t easily tip over and doesn’t shake while operating.
This portable air conditioner-like cooler has a humidification function that adds moisture to the air. Its 4 breeze modes replicate the feeling of a natural breeze by blowing air faster and slower intermittently.
We love that this evaporative cooler comes with 2 ice packs. When you add them to the water tank, you get a more powerful cooling effect. The handy remote control works from up to 20 feet away, so you won’t need to get up from your desk to adjust settings.
- Bladeless design makes it safe and quiet, with a noise level below 50db
- 15 hour timer means you can program it to turn off when you leave the office, saving on your electricity bill
- Wide oscillation radius of 70 degrees means cool air gets dispersed all around the office
- 2 ice packs can be used to heighten the cooling effect
Dimensions: 44” x 11.6” x 11.25”
Weight: 15.87 lbs
Honeywell CS10XE Indoor Evaporative Cooler With Fan
Honeywell is a trusted brand that builds quality evaporative coolers, and the Honeywell CS10XE Indoor Evaporative Cooler is an example of their excellence. We love its sleek, modern appearance and how easy it is to use.
The CS10XE is an evaporative cooler, fan, and humidifier in one package. The active carbon filter traps dust and cleans the air of your office space so you can breathe easily. With just 50 watts of energy consumption, you’re going to be saving a lot on your office energy bills.
This cooler is perfect for smaller office spaces of up to 100 square feet. Its oscillating louvers mean the cool air gets dispersed evenly around your office. The detachable 2.6-gallon water tank makes refilling your cooler a breeze.
- Timer allows you to program unattended operation for up to 7.5 hours
- Just lift out the detachable water tank to easily refill and clean
- Remote control makes it easy to operate from across the room
- Low energy consumption makes it very environmentally friendly and cost efficient
Dimensions: 15.7” x 13.5” x 31.5”
Weight: 18.5 lbs
Breezewell 32 inch Evaporative Cooler Wirh LED Display and Remote Control
This evaporative cooler has a modern, attractive appearance and is able to cool your office like a ventless air conditioner. The whisper-quiet noise level of the Breezewell 32 Inch Evaporative Cooler is extremely quiet at less than 40 decibels.
This is another bladeless cooler, which means it’s safe to have in a home office where kids or pets might roam. This factor also makes it easier to clean and maintain. It’s quite a sturdy and durable design, built to last.
The 1-gallon water tank will get you up to 8 hours of cool air. It comes with 2 ice packs that you can drop into the tank for extra cooling power. 40 degrees of oscillation mean the cool air will be circulated throughout your office, not just in 1 direction.
- Incredibly quiet at less than 40 decibels of noise
- 8 hour timer helps to save on your energy bill
- Shape and design makes it easy to fit in tight spaces of a small office
- Comes with 2 ice packs for maximum cooling effect
Dimensions: 35.7” x 14.8” x 10.7”
Weight: 15.45 lbs
Trustech 40 Inch Evaporative Air Cooler
This ultra-quiet tower fan and evaporative cooler makes less than 50 decibels of noise. The Trustech 40 Inch Evaporative Cooler has 3 modes to choose from: normal wind, natural wind, and sleep wind. It can also be used as a humidifier for adding moisture to dry air.
When it comes to energy efficiency, this portable air conditioner alternative has you covered. Its bladeless design is safe for any kids or pets who might venture into your home office. With an 8 hour timer, this cooling system lets you program when it should be on or off.
The Trustech 40 Inch Evaporative cooler has a water tank with 2 ice boxes for cooling your office even more powerfully. The remote control works from up to 20 feet away, meaning you won’t have to get up from your desk to adjust the settings.
- Super quiet operation that won’t distract you from work
- 2 ice pack boxes add extra cooling power
- Oscillates 70 degrees to circulate cool air around the office
- Cools a small office up to 120 square feet in size
Dimensions: 40” x 8.4” x 7.3”
Weight: 12 lbs
Honeywell CL30XC Indoor Portable Evaporative Cooler
The Honeywell CL30XC has a powerful airflow of 525 to 729 CFM, perfect for cooling a small to a medium-sized home office. With amazingly low energy consumption at only 288 watts, you’ll be helping the environment while saving on your power bill.
Its carbon dust air filter purifies your air while it cools you. The adjustable humidification feature creates a cool, moist breeze that feels great in the hot summer months. Another awesome feature (which some of the others on this list don’t offer) is a low water alarm to remind you when it needs to be refilled.
The Honeywell CL30XC has oscillating louvers to ensure that airflow gets dispersed around the whole room. The size of the unit makes it perfect for cooling at body level when you’re seated at your desk.
- Ice compartment gives you the option to step the cooling power up a notch
- Larger detachable water tank than many others on this list with 7.9 gallon capacity
- 3 humidity levels ensures there’s enough moisture in the air
- Timer that can be programmed up to 7.5 hours for unattended operation
Dimensions: 18” x 13.9” x 33.7”
Weight: 24.9 lbs
Supalak Portable Evaporative Air Cooler
This 3-in-1 evaporative air cooler takes the hot air in your office and turns it into a natural-feeling, cool breeze. It doesn’t have blades, which makes it both safe and conveniently easy to clean.
The 40-degree oscillation of the Supalak Portable Evaporative Cooler means cool air gets evenly distributed around your office. It’s a super-quiet cooling system that won’t drown you out when you’re on a phone call like some air conditioners will.
You can control the cooler with either the easy-to-understand control pad or a handy remote control. You’ll love the fact that you can choose from 3 modes and 3 wind speeds to find the type of breeze that cools you best.
- Whisper quiet operation at under 40 decibels
- Circular, bladeless fan makes it simple to clean
- Double layer filtering ensures that the cool air is purified from contaminants
- Extremely energy efficient at 80 watts
Dimensions: 10.2” x 7” x 24.8”
Weight: 11.8 lbs
Goflame Air Cooler and Heater with Crystal Box
This lightweight, portable evaporative cooler can be used for cooling in the summer and as a heater in the winter, making it useful all year round. Not only that, but the GoFlame Air Cooler can also be used as a humidifier and fan.
There are 3 fan speeds and a wide-angle air supply feature, making it easy to customize the airflow to your liking. The ice crystal boxes provide you with a superior cooling effect.
We love that there’s a 2-gallon capacity tank so you won’t be running out of water very often. When you need to move the cooler to another spot, simply roll it on its caster wheels.
- 4 uses in one device: cooling, heating, humidifying and fan
- Remote control makes it easy to control the cooler settings from your desk
- 8 hour timer allows you to program auto-shutoff at the end of the work day
- Ice crystal boxes provide maximized cooling effect
Dimensions: 15” x 11” x 29.5”
Weight: 17 lbs
Quilo 3-in-1 Portable Tower Fan with Evaporative Cooler
The design of this ventless air conditioner-like cooler is so innovative that it was a finalist for the 2018 IHA Global Innovation Award. The Quilo QE1SKS has a sleek, modern appearance in silver and white.
This evaporative cooler provides powerful cooling for office spaces up to 160 square feet in size, while remaining very quiet. It’s nicely portable because it is wonderfully lightweight, and has smooth gliding casters.
The Quilo QE1SKS has an active carbon filter that removes impurities from the air while cooling it. You can easily add ice cubes to the top-loading ice compartment in order to get an even cooler breeze.
- Antibacterial honeycomb filter and active carbon filter purify the air
- The absolute quietest evaporative cooler on this list, reaching only 24 decibels in quiet mode
- Weighs only 13 pounds so very easy to move around
- Consumes only a tiny amount of energy (7.4 watts)
Dimensions: 30” x 13.6” x 11.1”
Weight: 13 lbs
GoFlame Evaporative Air Cooler
This evaporative air cooler and tower fan takes up a delightfully small amount of floor space because of its thin design. The GoFlame evaporative cooler has 3 wind modes and 3 wind speeds, mimicking the feeling of a natural breeze to cool your office.
Because it only consumes a tiny 45 watts in power, you’ll save a lot of money on electricity costs. You can move the cooler around as much as you need to because of its lightweight design and built-in handle.
One tank of water will last this cooler 13 hours before you need to refill it, which is a lot longer than some of the other evaporative coolers on this list. It also comes with 4 ice boxes to enhance your cooling experience.
- Super low energy consumption of 45 watts
- 4 ice boxes to cool down the airflow even more
- 70 degree oscillation ensures even distribution of air
- Takes up very little room in your office
Dimensions: 12.5” x 12.5” x 41”
Weight: 14 lbs
Well, there you have it: our top 12 list of the best ventless air conditioner alternative coolers available in 2021. Whether you value whisper-quiet operation, large tank capacity, or energy efficiency the most, there’s an evaporative cooler on this list you will love. Enjoy the breeze!